Friday, December 11, 2009

homeward bound

Wow, its been a while since I've updated, life has been kinda busy lately. I'll be heading home for about three weeks on Monday, so I probably won't be updating during that time, so this is the last time I'll be writing for a while. I've been doing really well with not being homesick, I miss everyone back home, but it was manageable. But now that I know that I'm leaving in a couple days, time seems to be dragging sooo slowly, and I'm definitely getting homesick. As much as I love the 70-80 degree days here, I want/need to go home and see family and friends.
For about the past two weeks, I've been spending a lot of time at David and Leah's house making one room into three rooms. The walls are up, and have one layer of mud on the drywall. The rest will have to wait until January.
On Thursday night, we celebrated Christmas with a family that works at the dump. They are such an amazing family, I don't know how they do everything they do. If you want to know more about his family ask me about hem when I'm back and I would love to tell you what of their story I know. Very briefly: the grandma has raised all of the kids, and I believe there's 8 kids from 18 years to 6 months. Reyna is the grandma's name, and she played cards for the first time in her life at the party. I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.
Well, there's one last thing that's going on tonight before I go home. We're going to go finish up cleaning the park that we started at the amo mi ciudad event two weeks ago. I'm excited to see what it looks like when its finished.
I think that's about all for now, hopefully I will see all/most of you when I'm home. I'd love to tell you about all the things that have been happening here that I just don't have time to write about. Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment